Counsellor PlacementsEACS accepts applications for a voluntary placement throughout the year. We hold recruitment workshops or group interviews spread throughout the year.
Important Considerations before applying to EACS for placement
- Preference is given to students who are on at least a 3-4 year BACP/ 4-5 year UKCP accredited course although there are exceptions.
- • We generally give preference to counsellors who have commenced at least their 2nd year of diploma/MScor equivalent in training and bring a minimum of 50 hours experience of face to face work with clients gained in an agency setting or similar. Previous relevant experience will be taken into account.
- You will need to commit to a minimum of 2 years clinical placement. Our clients can come for up to a year, hence the longer commitment than in some organisations.
- We require our counsellors to be available to work with 3 clients on an ongoing basis beginning with 1 client in the first month.
- • Counsellors are required to have supervision in their modality of training in addition to the free monthly group clinical supervision provided by EACS, to ensure they meet the minimum requirements of their course and professional body. EACS' group supervision mostly takes place at EACS or from the supervisor’s home in the locality. All EACS supervisors have undertaken bespoke supervision training and qualification.
- We also require that counsellors in training are also in therapy while on placement at EACS.
- Challenging and rewarding work with a highly reputable counselling and psychotherapy service.
- EACS provides comfortable counselling rooms and is a safe and supportive place to be.
- Medium to long term work provides the practitioner with rich experience and depth in relationship, context, content and development.
- You will have an opportunity to meet many practitioners from many different approaches to counselling and therapy. You will be given clinical supervision, in a small group, once a month at EACS. This will be an eclectic mix with people from other training orientations.
- EACS counsellors can attend our seminars at a reduced rate.
EACS Placement Application Form (DOC file)