We now offer two placements a year to counsellors
already at EACS who would like the opportunity to broaden their experience while
also earning a nominal remuneration. Carrying out a thorough one to one
assessment with clients who have approached the Service gives valuable
professional experience - not only to show on CV’s, but it also gives the
opportunity to meet clients who come to us from all sectors of society and walks
of life. Assessments take place during office hours.
The commitment entails:
- Carrying out one client assessment, at a regular time, on a weekly basis.
The assessment will take 1 to 1.5 hours. Its purpose is to assess whether EACS
is the appropriate agency for the client.
- Providing a written summary of the assessment to give to the counsellor
and for EACS records.
- Completing CORE documents at the assessment stage.
- Matching (if appropriate) with a suitable available counsellor.
(Alternatively a recommendation of another source where the client can access
more appropriate help).
- Regular attendance at meetings with line manager and the assessment team
are part of the commitment(these latter currently held 6 times per annum
on Fridays from 9.30am to 11.30am) .
To find out more, please contact
Deborah Saville by email or via the office: 020 8998 3361.